The members of the European Cultural Parliament have agreed to the following
• Ethical and aesthetic values must be the essence of a new European
• Culture is the core of society. Creativity is the source of human
• The voices of independent artists must be heard in order to balance the
growing influence of technocracy. – The European Cultural Parliament will
amplify these voices.
• Europe needs intensified dialogue between artists
and other creative individuals from the whole continent. -The European Cultural
Parliament will be the forum for this continuing dialogue, remaining independent
of political and administrative structures.
• Creative interaction
between artistic and civic systems is needed. – The European Cultural Parliament
will establish this new relationship.
• The process of globalisation
needs a human dimension. – The European Cultural Parliament sees culture as a
means to achieve this.